What are cookies ?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
What types of cookies do we use ?
1. By the company handling said cookies:
- Own cookies First-party cookies are those sent to the user’s device from a device or a domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided. The first-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way.
- Third-party cookies Third-party cookies are those sent to the user’s device from a device or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but instead by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
2. By the time they remain active:
- Session cookies: This type of cookie is designed to gather and store data while the user accesses and remains on a web site
- Persistent cookies: These cookies have a maximum expiry period of 2 years from the date they are created, which means that during this time the data shall remain stored on the device and can be accessed and processed.
3. By the purpose for which data obtained through the cookies are processed:
- Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. The site cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
- Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
- The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
- Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
- Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
Your consent applies to the following domains: preffor.com
Types of cookies used by this website
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|_icl_current_language||Session||Saves the user’s preferred language on the website.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||1 year||Cookie that keeps track of which cookies you approved.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||1 year||Cookie that keeps track of which cookies you approved.|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Session||This cookie enables the WordPress content manager to check whether cookies are activated in the browser.|
|_ga||2 years||Registers a unique anonymus ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|_gid||24 horas||Google analytics cookie used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||10 minutes||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.|
|1P_JAR||1 week||Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes|
|APISID||2 years||Stored on the computer in order to remain connected to your Google account when you visit its service again. While you are logged in and use plug-ins from other websites, such as ours, Google uses these cookies to improve your user experience.|
|CONSENT||20 years||Google Maps cookie. Allows the operation of the Google map on the page.|
|SEARCH_SAMESITE||–||SameSite prevents the browser from sending this cookie along with cross-site requests. The main goal is mitigate the risk of cross-origin information leakage. It also provides some protection against cross-site request forgery attacks.|
|eu_cn||1 year||Are set by Twitter if the Twitter social plug-in on our website has been activated by the user.|
|guest_id||2 years||This cookie is set due to Twitter integration and sharing capabilities for the social media.|
|kdt||–||Twitter cookie used to monitor referral links and log in status.|
|tfw_exp, twid, twtr_pixel_opt_in||14 days||Cookies used by Twitter to allow you to share pages and content and for advertising to collect information about users browsing behaviour for marketing purposes including digital display and social media advertising.|
How can I control the cookie preferences ?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can also allow, block or delete cookies stored on your device by configuring the settings of the browser installed on your device. However, please remember that if you decide to change your cookies settings the service provided via different web sites may be partially or completely affected.
Please read your browser’s Help section carefully to learn more about how to activate “private mode” or unblock certain cookies.